Saturday, February 3, 2018

Blossom to awesome

Totally scraplifted this layout. It was posted on the Mind the Scrap Facebook group by Dawn Shields-Pettitt, and I asked and then lifted!


 This was my favourite paper from the January MTS kit, and I've kinda hoarded it a bit until I found the right layout. I wanted the paper to show, and the scarf on the photo fits the colour scheme quite well.


 I clustered together more of the ephemera from the kit, with lots and lots of layers of paper under the photo. I was nervous to use the really big rose die-cut, so layering it under a smaller one worked for me.


 I loved how Dawn had added a pop of bright ink to stop it from being too saccharine, and I also loved the idea of a cluster of tiny pearls. I put some more onto the flowers on the paper too.


 I was struggling for foliage until I remembered the card sticker set, and voila! lots of different leaves!

I wasn't intending on using the bird here, but I managed to make lots of little dents on the pink cardstock whilst adding the gems and pearls with my pokey tool. That's a lesson learned...


Elements- mostly from Mind the Scrap January kit

Paper: Vicki Boutin- Good Times- The Little Things
Crate Paper- Good Vibes- All good
Crate Paper- Good Vibes- Life goals

Card: Bazzill- Cotton candy
Embellishments: Vicki Boutin- Die cut icons
Crate Paper- Good Vibes stickers

Own stash: Baby pink pearls (Hobbycraft)
Aqua shimmer dots
Bright pink card
Aqua card

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!